What is the Best Shoe for Roofers: Cougar Paws, Reebok Cross-Fit, or Nike Running?
The most important aspect of construction work is safety. It can be challenging and dangerous working and walking on a rooftop. Many roofers have had extreme or fatal injuries. The type of shoe that roofers wear matters highly, and it can determine if the job gets completed. Roofers expect roofing shoes to have traction, gripping, comfort, and the support to protect life on the roof especially in harsh working conditions.
Recently, Dmitry Lipinskiy, Founder, and CEO of Roofing Insights reviews three common shoes on the market, Cougar Paws, Reebok Cross-Fit, and Nike Running shoes. The review was to dissuade roofers who wear common shoes on the roof. The test was not necessarily comparing them to worksites because they do not all fall within the same category.
For instance, Cougar Paws are developed for worksites, specifically for roofing houses while Nike is for running. But most roofers use the running shoes instead of shoes meant for roofing. Dmitry reviews the three shoes and concludes that Cougar Paws feel safest but less comfortable regarding cushion. Nike feels lighter but not as safe on the roof. Reebok Cross-Fit feels better than Nike, firmer on the roof, and comfortable, but not as safe as Cougar Paws. Roofers who want to be safer on the roof, should invest in Cougar Paws.
Cougar Paws Peak Series Performer Roofer Boots - Style CPPP (9)
- Breathable inside boot lining helps keep foot dry and comfortable for the duration of any roofing job
- Vented exterior helps to wick away moisture and dry boot as fast a possible
- Full grain leather on upper portion of the boot is extremely durable and helps to keep moisture out
- Protective finish makes cleaning fast and easy
- Please Note: This boot does not run 1/2 size large, please order your normal shoe size