There are tons of roofing companies and material brands on the market today, and it can be challenging to know where to start. CertainTeed is a reputable roofing material brand, offering one of the best lines of shingles for residential homes. But what’s better between the CertainTeed Landmark vs. Landmark Pro?
Any knowledgeable contractor will tell a homeowner who needs new roofing to consider the CertainTeed Landmark line. Between the Landmark Pro and standard Landmark shingle options, you can find durable, affordable roofing products that look great too.
Learn more about the best CertainTeed Landmark shingle products in this helpful guide to see which is perfect for your unique needs.
Choosing the Right Roofing Materials
Before getting started with repairs or a replacement, you need to research the shingles you’re planning to install. There are a few different types of shingles you can choose.
Select Your Shingles
Shingles are typically offered in three styles:
- Strip shingles or 3-tab shingles are the cheapest, most basic model of roofing shingles and are considered starter shingles. They come in a single layer, so your roof doesn’t have the same strong protection.
- Dimensional shingles or architectural shingles are a prevalent type of asphalt shingles manufactured with multiple layers of laminate that improve impact resistance against strong winds. Better building materials allow this extra protection compared to your standard strip shingles.
- Premium shingles or luxury shingles are the highest quality roofing product. These shingles have thicker layers that weigh more pounds per square, providing more durability to protect your home from high winds. Luxury shingles also offer a superior look to dimensional shingles, making a big difference in your home’s curb appeal.
The basic Landmark shingles are considered dimensional shingles, while the Landmark Pro and Landmark Premium shingles fall into the luxury category.
Explore Other Options
Asphalt shingles aren’t your only option when considering a roof replacement. Instead, you can explore other unique roofing options, such as:
- Natural slate shingles
- Metal roof styles
- Ceramic or cement tile roofing
Sometimes unique roofing styles make more sense than a typical asphalt shingle for specific climates, so consult with a reputable roofing contractor in your area to see if this route is right for your roof.
Looking for a trusted roofing company or contractor to complete your roof replacement with CertainTeed shingles? Search for a roofing company in your area to get a free estimate and start your project today with help from Directorii.
Aim to Avoid Wood
Although natural wood roofing always looks nice, cedar shakes as shingles can cause homeowners quite a headache over the years. Natural wood shingles require extensive amounts of upkeep year-round, and a roof replacement will run you upwards of $20,000 or more since your siding has to be replaced simultaneously.
Choosing something like natural slate, metal roofing, or an asphalt shingle for your roof instead of shake will save you time and money.
You’ll see more asphalt in moderate or cold climates, while shingle styles such as slate or tile are abundant in warm, dry locales. This is due to their durability in these environments, while wood shingles are susceptible to weather no matter where you live.
CertainTeed: Providing High-Quality Roofing Products
CertainTeed is a well-recognized brand name in the roofing world. Their Landmark shingle systems are sweeping the nation, with many noting the affordability, durability, and style of these outstanding shingles.
The Certainteed Landmark product lineup includes:
- Landmark shingles (standard)
- Landmark Premium shingles
- Landmark Pro shingles
- Landmark ClimateFlex
- Landmark TL
Comparing CertainTeed Landmark Shingles
The CertainTeed Landmark line is extensive, but let’s examine the standard and Pro shingles first.
Find pros, cons, and more information about each product below:
CertainTeed offers a broad spectrum of the industry’s best technology, setting them apart from other asphalt shingle brands. Each CertainTeed shingle in the CertainTeed Landmark range includes advanced materials and mechanics to help maintain performance and visual appeal.
These technologies include:
- QuadraBond™ Advanced Layering – This impressive technology provides dual-layer durability in each Landmark shingle, so you won’t need a new roof for years to come. The Landmark line features dual-layer shingles with four-point adhesion for lasting beauty and performance in all Landmark shingles.
- StreakFighter® Algae Resistance – On top of the competitive algae resistance warranty CertainTeed offers, this technology provides additional protection from unsightly stains and growth. Landmark shingles are manufactured with copper-infused surface granules with natural algae properties, helping prevent the algae growth seen on many other asphalt shingles.
- CertaSeal™ Wind Uplift Protection – Featured in the Landmark Pro, Landmark Premium, and standard Landmark shingles, this ultra-strong adhesive stops your roof from becoming damaged due to wind and other harsh weather. Asphalt and polymer are mixed to make a high-grade glue that keeps shingles attached to your roof year in and year out.
- NailTrak® Nailing Line – Roofing installation is fast and accurate thanks to this helpful tool, allowing roofing contractors to complete a roof replacement with confidence and ease. CertainTeed shingles feature this technology to make your roofing project a smooth and painless process.
- ClimateFlex® Technology – Protect your home from destruction with CertainTeed’s superior roofing materials. CertainTeed shingles have outstanding impact resistance, keeping your roofing shingles safe from heavy hail storms. CertainTeed products are constructed with fire resistance in mind with a Class A fire rating.
- Solaris® Cool Roof Technology – It’s no surprise that an asphalt roof can get hot in the sun. CertainTeed shingles with Solaris® cooling technology can also help improve your home’s energy efficiency by reflecting sun rays away from your asphalt roof. This industry-leading shingle technology helps mitigate any adverse impacts high temperatures may have on your roof.
Whether you choose the Landmark TL, Landmark Pro, Landmark Premium, or standard CertainTeed Landmark shingles, you’ll receive all the impressive technology listed above.
Each CertainTeed integrity roof system is built to last, and they offer an impressive range of warranties to back up that statement. CertainTeed roofing shingles are guaranteed to be free from manufacturing defects, but each extended warranty will still provide you with extra production just in case.
Both types of CertainTeed Landmark shingles discussed in this guide, as well as many other CertainTeed shingles, include a:
- Transferable lifetime limited warranty
- 10-year SureStart™ extended warranty (100% replacement and labor costs due to manufacturing defects)
- 15-year StreakFighter® algae resistance warranty against streaking and discoloration caused by airborne algae
- 15-year, 110mph wind-resistance warranty
- A wind warranty upgrade is available for Landmark Premium up to 130 mph. Specified CertainTeed starter and CertainTeed hip and ridge are required.
You’re getting a lot of protection whether you choose CertainTeed Landmark Pro shingles, Landmark Premium, or simply the standard CertainTeed Landmark shingles. With everything from a 15-year StreakFighter® algae resistance warranty to several different extended warranty offers, CertainTeed’s Landmark shingles can’t be beaten.
Other Similar Qualities
The Landmark and Landmark Pro shingles are similar in a few other ways. Both systems:
- Are simple to install
- Require minimal maintenance
- Blend and match easily for fast repairs
- Meet all national roofing standards
- Are available in a vast variety of colors
Choosing CertainTeed Landmark shingles is a smart move for any homeowner. These efficient systems can save you time and money while still keeping up your home’s style and curb appeal.
Learn how to properly maintain your new roofing system right here.
Diving Into the Differences Between Certainteed Shingles
Although these Landmark shingles are highly similar, there are still a few key differences between the two products that are important to note.
Let’s take a closer look at the contrast between these CertainTeed shingles below:
Standard Landmark Shingles
As you might expect, the most basic Landmark product is probably the weakest. Unlike premium shingles, the standard Landmark model lacks the same thickness as dual-layer shingles. These shingles are made with one fiberglass mat and a single layer of outer laminate, so they’re slightly less durable.
In addition, standard Landmark shingles lack the same max def color palette featured in the Landmark Premium and Landmark Pro products. You still have several excellent color options, but the standard model is less vibrant.
Landmark Pro Shingles
As we mentioned above, Landmark Pro shingles weigh more than the base model because of their dual-layer durability. These shingles weigh 270 pounds per square, making them some of today’s heaviest laminated shingles. CertainTeed is a heavyweight brand boasting some of the highest quality materials in every roofing system.
Another primary difference already mentioned above is the available colors. Landmark Pro shingles feature fourteen vibrant max def colors, while the standard model is only offered in twelve base colors. You can expect more vivid shade from the max def color palette, lasting through years of weathering and sun exposure.
CertainTeed Landmark vs. Landmark Pro Shingles: What’s Better?
There are a few differences between these high-quality CertainTeed shingles, but after comparing the basic Landmark shingles with the Landmark Pro product, they’re pretty similar in quality and style. Ultimately, the choice depends on your desired aesthetic and budget, but you’re getting a great product from CertainTeed no matter what.
Besides the apparent weight contrast, which may affect longevity mildly, the main difference between the Landmark and Landmark Pro is the max def colors offered. While both styles certainly have a lot of vivid shades to choose from, only the Landmark Pro shingles feature that extended max def color palette for extra intensity and dimension.
Max def colors come in more vivid shades, so if you’re looking for a CertainTeed shingle that stands out from the rest of the homes on your block, the Landmark Pro might be your best bet. However, the more intense coloration comes with a higher price tag, so that’s another essential aspect to consider.
Consult with an accredited CertainTeed roofing contractor or company to learn more about each Landmark product and determine the best solution to suit your needs.
Let the Pros Install Your CertainTeed Landmark Shingles
Replacing or repairing your roof is no simple task, so don’t be afraid to seek out help from the experts. Search Directorii today to find a reliable company or contractor to complete the installation of your new CertainTeed Landmark shingle system.