Who makes the best shingle on the market in 2017
Last week, Dmitry, the Founder, and CEO of Roofing Insights embarked on a mission to discover who makes the best shingle on the market in 2017. On the review table; Malarkey’s Vista, Iko’s Cambridge True, Certainteed’s Landmark, Tamko’s Heritage, Owens Corning’s Duration, Atlas’ Pinnacle Pristine, and Pabco’s Premier shingles.
Dmitry will take a month to review the shingles. Every week, Roofing Insights will upload a video of the comparison. Manufacturers that are not yet on the board can still join by sending their shingle products. This week, Dmitry looks at the remarks of the accredited boards on the shingles, what the roofers are saying, and how they are rated on social media.
Every company under the comparison chart has complaints, and none of them has a five star review, but they maintained a good review:
- Atlas’ Pinnacle tops the competition list with a positive review of 4.6 stars on Facebook. It has an A+ at BBB with eight positive reviews. However, Atlas has 79 complaints on BBB.
- Pabco’s Premier Shingle follows Atlas with 4.5 stars on Facebook. It has an A+ on BBB rating with no reviews at all but has one complaint on BBB. In fact, both Atlas and Pabco were bold to publish their reviews online. Others were shy.
- Malarkey’ Vista is another strong competitor in the market. It has an A+ BBB rating, but has no reviews on BBB. It has three complaints. Sometimes, they say no mail is good mail in America.
- Similarly, CertainTeed’s Landmark is rated A+ on BBB. It has 26 complaints and three negative reviews.
- On the other hand, Tamko’s Heritage has B+ on BBB with six negative reviews and 49 complaints. Heritage has no Facebook review at all.
- Although Owens Corning’s Duration maintains an A+ on BBB, it has 69 complaints. Duration has no Facebook reviews.
- Iko’s Cambridge shingle has no reviews on Facebook or BBB, but it has nine complaints and holds an A+ BBB rating.
The review simply offers an insight of how the consumer sees them. Roofing Insights understands many variables may impact the reviews such as popularity, market, and rumors. For instance, a small company may not attract as many reviews as bigger companies. But what Dmitry has done here gives an overview of consumers’ opinions on the products in the market and encourages the companies to do better.